Monday, February 5, 2007

National Weatherperson's Day


Today is National Weatherperson's Day.
If the groundhog can get his own day so can we. Every February 5th is National Weatherman’s Day which honors weathermen, and woman who work hard to try and accurately predict the often changing weather. Weatherman’s Day commemorates the birth of John Jeffries, one of America’s first weathermen. Jeffries was born on Feb 5, 1745. He kept weather records from 1774 to 1816. Jeffries was more than a weather observer or “weatherman” he was a Boston physician. So be nice to us weathermen for at least one day. I know that may be hard to do with all the cold & snow out your front door.


2 comments:

Kris said...

Happy National Weatherperson's Day! I'd give you a hug or something but that's not an easy task through the computer.

I didn't know about John Jeffries.

Anonymous said...

how many below zero snow storms have we had in the last twenty years?