
I have been asked many times to explain the seasons and how they occur and why. So I thought this would be a good time to talk about the seasons...since spring begins today. On the Vernal Equinox neither pole is leaning more toward the Sun than the other, so they receive equal amounts of sunlight. This day marks the first day of spring in the Northern Hemisphere and first day of fall in the Southern Hemisphere.
Here is the official definition: The equinox at which the sun crosses the celestial equator from the Southern Hemisphere to the Northern Hemisphere. The time of this occurrence is approximately 21 March. Ok, so what does this mean. I have added a few links below to help explain this with some good graphics.
Here is the official definition: The equinox at which the sun crosses the celestial equator from the Southern Hemisphere to the Northern Hemisphere. The time of this occurrence is approximately 21 March. Ok, so what does this mean. I have added a few links below to help explain this with some good graphics.

No comments:
Post a Comment